dt125 parts

streaky
This post is 5417 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, am looking for 1987 dt125 lc parts,namely an engine, throttle and carb, front brake caliper. have registered with breakers part finder but not having a lot of success.

has anyone got said parts or a bike they are breaking or even know of someone/somewhere who may be able to help me?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, am looking for 1987 dt125 lc parts,namely an engine, throttle and carb, front brake caliper. have registered with breakers part finder but not having a lot of success.

has anyone got said parts or a bike they are breaking or even know of someone/somewhere who may be able to help me?

thanks

you could put a rd engine into your dt or you could put the complete top end of a rd on,

?have you tried e bay

thanks

Im currently building an 86 Dtlc mk3, i will have a fair amount of spares when im finished. I have an Rd engine of unkown condition atm as i havnt even taken the head off, just wacked it in storage. Got a swing arm for defo, and plenty of other spares that ill have to look through a list once ive finished this build, got another frame, bars and rear shock too but i beleive they are in poor conditions, forks too....

Anyway if your still looking for parts in the next couple of weeks il have them listed on here. Are you building for road use or offroad, as i have most of the electrics a front headlight and some other bits n bobs that were stripped down when she was taken off road.

Im currently building an 86 Dtlc mk3, i will have a fair amount of spares when im finished. I have an Rd engine of unkown condition atm as i havnt even taken the head off, just wacked it in storage. Got a swing arm for defo, and plenty of other spares that ill have to look through a list once ive finished this build, got another frame, bars and rear shock too but i beleive they are in poor conditions, forks too....

Anyway if your still looking for parts in the next couple of weeks il have them listed on here. Are you building for road use or offroad, as i have most of the electrics a front headlight and some other bits n bobs that were stripped down when she was taken off road.

hi, im just gonna use it for off roading, will have a full list of parts of what i need up soon, will get in contact when you have put your list of spares up

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello mate you dont happen to have any plastics for sale do you?ime after a front and back mudguard,right

hand side rear sidepannel and a righthand side front pannel.thank you

hello mate you dont happen to have any plastics for sale do you?ime after a front and back mudguard,right

Ive got 2 spare front mudgards, no side panels, theres an interesting thing with the rear guard as ive got 3, but i they are all different and i dont know which one is right. Haynes have decided not to show any useful photos and i cant find any on tinternet either. One of them is red, which has a bit crack in, and the other is black with an orange rim around the edge, ill send you some photos 2moro so you can see.

Heres the muguards i have spare, noticed they are both damaged, one actually on the mounting holes and the othr just the back bit of the guard that would be between the forks and the exhaust.

BLACK/ORANGE

p0105091043.th.jpg

p0105091046.th.jpg

p010509104702.th.jpg

p010509104601.th.jpg

RED

p010509104703.th.jpg

p010509104701.th.jpg

p0105091047.th.jpg

p010509104602.th.jpg

BTW ive no idea what the screws are in there for, theres 2 in matching places on 2 of the mounting holes......presumably an attempt at bodging it onto another bike, meh!

Heres the muguards i have spare, noticed they are both damaged, one actually on the mounting holes and the othr just the back bit of the guard that would be between the forks and the exhaust.

BLACK/ORANGE

p0105091043.th.jpg

p0105091046.th.jpg

p010509104702.th.jpg

p010509104601.th.jpg

RED

p010509104703.th.jpg

p010509104701.th.jpg

p0105091047.th.jpg

p010509104602.th.jpg

BTW ive no idea what the screws are in there for, theres 2 in matching places on 2 of the mounting holes......presumably an attempt at bodging it onto another bike, meh!

hiya mate,

sorry but ime after white ones.ive tried all over but i cant find any.

thanks for the help though.if you know anyone who has a spare back wheel,front

exhaust pipe and a chain guard let me know.thanks pal.

hiya mate,

sorry but ime after white ones.ive tried all over but i cant find any.

thanks for the help though.if you know anyone who has a spare back wheel,front

exhaust pipe and a chain guard let me know.thanks pal.

You'll be lucky to find a white one id say. I resprayed all mine. Easy as pie, i was expecting it to be hard, i just cleaned them down with muc off and then soapy warm water, sanded any rough parts with some spare wet and dry paper, sprayed them once with plastic primer, from halfords 5.99 a can. Then sprayed them with a paint i got made up at halfords, 10.99 a can because its a custom colour. It used the Fan spray or somthing which scared me at first but has come up a treat.

p010509104804.th.jpg

You can find front mudguards on ebay atm, then just respray. Good luck. Ive got spare front and back wheels but the condition of them is aslo quite poor.

p0604091459.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You'll be lucky to find a white one id say. I resprayed all mine. Easy as pie, i was expecting it to be hard, i just cleaned them down with muc off and then soapy warm water, sanded any rough parts with some spare wet and dry paper, sprayed them once with plastic primer, from halfords 5.99 a can. Then sprayed them with a paint i got made up at halfords, 10.99 a can because its a custom colour. It used the Fan spray or somthing which scared me at first but has come up a treat.

p010509104804.th.jpg

You can find front mudguards on ebay atm, then just respray. Good luck. Ive got spare front and back wheels but the condition of them is aslo quite poor.

p0604091459.th.jpg

hello,

thanks for your help mate,your a good un.ive ended up buying another dt just for the back wheel,

ime not sure if its a mk1 or a mk2,its almost complete(minus back wheel)and frame and engine numbers are all legal.ime going to break it up for spares.if you know of anyone for anything let me know.the engine is tip top too.

i still need a decent mk3 exhaust if anyone has one.......

hello,

thanks for your help mate,your a good un.ive ended up buying another dt just for the back wheel,

ime not sure if its a mk1 or a mk2,its almost complete(minus back wheel)and frame and engine numbers are all legal.ime going to break it up for spares.if you know of anyone for anything let me know.the engine is tip top too.

i still need a decent mk3 exhaust if anyone has one.......

Either you got a good deal, or you've got too much disposable income :P

What is the airbox like on it? Ive realised i dont actually have one at all, and im actually getting closer to having a complete bike! :o:O:O

Got the engine in the other day.

I know they changed alot of things when they got to the mk3, but i expect some of the earlier parts will still fit her.

Either you got a good deal, or you've got too much disposable income :P

What is the airbox like on it? Ive realised i dont actually have one at all, and im actually getting closer to having a complete bike! :o:O:O

Got the engine in the other day.

I know they changed alot of things when they got to the mk3, but i expect some of the earlier parts will still fit her.

it was a good deal,and ive got too much time on my hands,

the airbox is fine but it wont fit a mk3 its totally different.by the way the mk 1,2 and3 all had different mud guards theyall looked the same but fitted in a slightly different place.the mudguard goes under the frame(daft i know)and the extra two bolt holes on the frame are for a luggage rack.

hope to have helped?

it was a good deal,and ive got too much time on my hands,

the airbox is fine but it wont fit a mk3 its totally different.by the way the mk 1,2 and3 all had different mud guards theyall looked the same but fitted in a slightly different place.the mudguard goes under the frame(daft i know)and the extra two bolt holes on the frame are for a luggage rack.

hope to have helped?

hello mate ive ended up with a spare air box and connecting rubber for a mk 3 if you want it.ive got loads of spares at the moment

as ive nearly finished the bike.if you want any thing just call 07958571743.ive got the mk2 spares as well.

• 1 month later...

thanks

hi there ive got a 82 mk 1 dt 125 lc engine.im breaking a low mileage dt 125 lc 10v model what parts do you need. if your bikes the mk2 dt the engines the same as long as youre bikes not a ypvs? i have a couple of carbs aswel 10v- and 34x ones 07543715046

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online