XS650 gas cap question...

plain old dave
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does the 400 use the same gas cap as the 650? Found a nice gas cap off of a 78 650 on E-pay and it looks identical to mine.

Hey Plain old Dave,

I would assume that they do. I was able to use a 650 on my XS500 and it fit just fine. Give it a go and if it doesn't fit I am sure you can get your money back for it.

:D

I just measured three XS gas caps. The 360 and 400 measure the same. A 1978 XS650 Special cap measures 8mm longer.

From what I know, the standard model 650 from '76 to '79 used a cap that should be the same as on a 400 (or at least was on mine). But the 'Special' model 650 from 78-84 used a different size. (8 mm bigger i guess, by XSwheels measurement).

So just knowing it's a cap from a '78 xs650 isn't enough to know if it'll fit. Standard 650 or special 650? They look the same in pictures, so if it's not stated in the ad, you may need to contact the seller and ask.

RD caps are the same but the RD400F daytona has the longer cap, if anyone in the uk wants a pattern longer cap i have a nice new one bought by mistake

merv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online