tzr 125 wont idle pls help ?

pete79
This post is 5513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i`ve solved the sticking problem but my tzr 125 just wont idle when the choke is off idles fine with the choke on though.It just keeps cutting out at a stop please could anybody give suggestions on what this could be ?

thanks pete79

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi i`ve solved the sticking problem but my tzr 125 just wont idle when the choke is off idles fine with the choke on though.It just keeps cutting out at a stop please could anybody give suggestions on what this could be ?

thanks pete79

Hi Pete,

I would guess that the bike dont need that much choke if the bike is a late 80's early 90's TZR but on reading the post it idles it idles with the button in the out position & not the in position ? To set the idle up do the following :-

1) Run the engine until warm (dont worry about the choke position)

2) insure the choke it off (pushed in)

3) Adjust the idle via the throttle stop screw until the tacho reads 1,250rpm

4) screw in the mix screw and back it out 1.5 turns (the engine may stall at this point)

5) if the engine does not respond or idle very well at this point disassemble the carb and clean it out & retry

I guess you have done the normal checks of compression, Spark plug & exhaust system (TZR has CDI fixed ignition, so there is no need to check this, unless you have a misfire.).

I know it sounds silly but could you be using the choke the wrong way round ?

Regards Jim

Hi Pete,

I would guess that the bike dont need that much choke if the bike is a late 80's early 90's TZR but on reading the post it idles it idles with the button in the out position & not the in position ? To set the idle up do the following :-

1) Run the engine until warm (dont worry about the choke position)

2) insure the choke it off (pushed in)

3) Adjust the idle via the throttle stop screw until the tacho reads 1,250rpm

4) screw in the mix screw and back it out 1.5 turns (the engine may stall at this point)

5) if the engine does not respond or idle very well at this point disassemble the carb and clean it out & retry

I guess you have done the normal checks of compression, Spark plug & exhaust system (TZR has CDI fixed ignition, so there is no need to check this, unless you have a misfire.).

I know it sounds silly but could you be using the choke the wrong way round ?

Regards Jim

hi jim

Thanks for the reply i`ve checked compression and new plug not yet had the exhaust off but will do tomorrow

and will follow the steps you`ve posted and see how it go`s thanks again.

pete

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online