98 THUNDERCAT MISFIRES

philbrad73
This post is 5525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI I'VE GOT A 98 THUNDERCAT IT'S STARTED MISFIRING AT 6000RPM AT IDLE AND 9000RPM UNDER LOAD (ALL GEARS) AT BOTH TIMES THE REV COUNTER NEEDLE DROPS TO ZERO FOR A COUPLE OF SECS THEN BACK UP?

IT'S A CONSTANT MISFIRE AND WON'T ALLOW THE REVS ANY HIGHER SOME SORT OF INBUILT PROTECTION/FAULT CODE?

I'VE FOUND A THREAD ON ANOTHER FORUM OF SOME ONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM BUT NO ANSWERS?

ANY HELP REGARDS PHIL

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI I'VE GOT A 98 THUNDERCAT IT'S STARTED MISFIRING AT 6000RPM AT IDLE AND 9000RPM UNDER LOAD (ALL GEARS) AT BOTH TIMES THE REV COUNTER NEEDLE DROPS TO ZERO FOR A COUPLE OF SECS THEN BACK UP?

IT'S A CONSTANT MISFIRE AND WON'T ALLOW THE REVS ANY HIGHER SOME SORT OF INBUILT PROTECTION/FAULT CODE?

I'VE FOUND A THREAD ON ANOTHER FORUM OF SOME ONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM BUT NO ANSWERS?

ANY HELP REGARDS PHIL

Hi i have a similar intermittent prob with my 98 cat it feels like it only firing on 3 cylinders then the rev's just drop off ive tried all sorts ended up the guy in the bike shop recommended using a fuel additive for carb icing that seems to have done the trick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online