Moto GP at Silverstone from 2010

Perro46
This post is 5533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just seen that Donnington park will host it's last Moto GP for a while as Silverstone has secured a five year deal for the races. They reckon that after adding a 500m section between Abbey and Beckets it will be the fastest circuit on the calendar. Last time I was at Silverstone, the front row on the grid consisted of Phil Read and Ago on the works MV's, Barry

Sheene on the Suzuki and I think it could have been his brother-in law Paul Smart making up the numbers. Those were the

days!! Last year saw the end of the Moto GP coverage on Eurosport. I'll surely miss the exciting and well informed commentary by Julian, Toby, and Randy. I hope the BBC can offer something better than of late and also coverage of the

125 and 250 races which often are more nail-biting than the larger class. Roll on Qatar 12 April.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just seen that Donnington park will host it's last Moto GP for a while as Silverstone has secured a five year deal for the races.

I think that Donington has proven itself to be "up to " GP, or any other, status and therefore why do we need to fix something which isn't broken

Without listing and comparing the attributes of the two circuits one the thing that is indisputable is that Donnington is certainly more central to us all.

I am not so parochial as to expect our countries GP to be on my doorstep but having accepted the fair compromise of travelling South to Donington I'm unhappy about the unessessary extra miles in the same direction

My experience of Silverstone is that unless you have a private helicopter you can easily perswade yourself to watch it on TV than to endure the horrendous traffic problems getting in and getting out.

I met Pontious the Pilate last time I was going in and He was coming out from a previous chariot race meeting

My last experience of Silverstone was also in the late seventies early eighties. I'm quite surprised that the GP is moving to be honest, and yes if the access facilities are still the same, it will be a nightmare getting in and out. Good circuit though.