1982 SR 250J Exciter

QuicklySloth
This post is 5532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently came across a 1982 SR250J Exciter, in great asthetic condition, but not runnning. It had sat for nearly 5 years with the same quarter tank of gas, and was rarely run (only 2600 miles). I've cleaned the tank and replaced the fuel filter; replaced a few gaskets. Everyone with this bike seems to be looking for tech info, and I honestly cant find anyone still publishing the service manual. I really need the torque specs for the head, I would be running in no time if I could find just these things.

I have all the gaskets from the bottom of the head up, i just dont want to re-assemble it half-assed. If anyone knows where I could pick up a manual or would know the specifications for assembly they would be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently came across a 1982 SR250J Exciter, in great asthetic condition, but not runnning. It had sat for nearly 5 years with the same quarter tank of gas, and was rarely run (only 2600 miles). I've cleaned the tank and replaced the fuel filter; replaced a few gaskets. Everyone with this bike seems to be looking for tech info, and I honestly cant find anyone still publishing the service manual. I really need the torque specs for the head, I would be running in no time if I could find just these things.

I have all the gaskets from the bottom of the head up, i just dont want to re-assemble it half-assed. If anyone knows where I could pick up a manual or would know the specifications for assembly they would be much appreciated.

Hi There,

you could try http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-SR250-SE-1980...A1%7C240%3A1318.

Ok not the correct modal but I would guess the engine is common between the 2. I can remember most of the set up for the SR250 so if you get real stuck drop me a line

Regards Jim

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online