project rd/ tz

sondel-sport
This post is 5566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my latest project being this, was one a yammy rd50, now destined to be a tz with the alloy tank, race seat, fairing etc fitted with a tzr125 lc engine with ypvs power valve :D should be a laugh..............

rd-1.jpg

looks like its going to be a wee beuty! that tank looks like it cost a few hundred, are you keeping it polished or painting it? my main concern would be the brakes if your fitting a good tzr motor but i suppose its not carrying much weight. keep us posted

no idea what the tank cost as it came with the bike but i'd guess a good few hundred quid, going to be running a front disc of a fs1e with fizzy wheels but its very light any way, gonna be good for 110+????

csrtainly 110 wouldnt be a problem, you could achieve 130 plus with the correct gearing and a decent faring I imagine, that is why I'd worry about stopping the bugger lol Can I ask is this machine going to be a road going model? or is it purely for track?