rev counter...

J.D.
This post is 5572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello... i have a little problem with my rev counter on my r1,, she is on a 98 reg... when im riding her the rev counter flicks from 4, to 2, to 5, to 6rpm.. this has just stared to happen,, its anoying the hell out of me...this is happening all the time... can anyone tell me vwhat to do to stop this happening.. its as tho the rev counter is sticking then nothing at all,, on 0 rpm then flicks up to 4 or 5 rpm... its doing me head in so please if anyone no,s the problem and could help me then i would be very gratefull...... cheers for your time and someone please help!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello... i have a little problem with my rev counter on my r1,, she is on a 98 reg... when im riding her the rev counter flicks from 4, to 2, to 5, to 6rpm.. this has just stared to happen,, its anoying the hell out of me...this is happening all the time... can anyone tell me vwhat to do to stop this happening.. its as tho the rev counter is sticking then nothing at all,, on 0 rpm then flicks up to 4 or 5 rpm... its doing me head in so please if anyone no,s the problem and could help me then i would be very gratefull...... cheers for your time and someone please help!!!!!

Hi JD,

That sounds like a TPS problem check the owners manual for the code problem (if it is TPS the manual will tell you what is at fault). The rev counter doubles up as a fault finder on the TPS system hence showing 0 rpm then some figure then returning to 0 ... the amount of time it hangs at x rpm before returning to 0 will indicate the fault.

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online