fz6 bars

sim666
This post is 5562 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice on fitting renthal streetfighter bars on my fz6. The problem is the stock bars have locating holes in them for the switchgear, however the renthal bars don't. I'm not sure whether or not it would be safe to drill holes in the new bars or whether it would weaken them too much. Does anyone know any other way to fix them? All advice would be much appreciated. Cheers....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi Sim,

i have fitted a set of renthal bars onto my 2001 Fazer thou and just drilled the bars to accept the peg on the throttle housing that stops it twisting (we cut the one off of the choke housing and that does certainly tend to move around a bit--you really don't want the throttle doing that on you!!).

the bars are very thick and i don't believe you weaken them dangerously.

as i said my bars are great and i have ridden a good 3000 miles since fitting them in the summer.

P.S.the only thing i had grief with was my levers would foul on the wing mirrors.the answer is to get your mitts on a set of Trak Tek adjustable levers from Busters Accessories.(i paid £35 each for mine and they are the mutts nutts!).

hope this helps

Marcus

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online