Luggage, or more importantly, luggage racks!!

hipscrew
This post is 5590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all.

I would appreciate some advice concerning luggage racks. I have never bought luggage for a bike before, they were usually used for getting dirty on or getting to work. Now i find myself a singleton im gonna start enjoying it!! So, please could you advise me as to the best looking (and most practical) luggage rack for my XJR 1300 '02 model. I plan on buying soft panniers and a hard topbox (52l Givi most likely) which will of course only be on the bike when touring, so the rack needs to be easilyish removed. I like the look of the SW Motech rack but it aint, cheap so before i buy i would like to hear from people more experienced.

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all.

I would appreciate some advice concerning luggage racks. I have never bought luggage for a bike before, they were usually used for getting dirty on or getting to work. Now i find myself a singleton im gonna start enjoying it!! So, please could you advise me as to the best looking (and most practical) luggage rack for my XJR 1300 '02 model. I plan on buying soft panniers and a hard topbox (52l Givi most likely) which will of course only be on the bike when touring, so the rack needs to be easilyish removed. I like the look of the SW Motech rack but it aint, cheap so before i buy i would like to hear from people more experienced.

Many thanks

hi i find they look sh.t unles u got good hard sideboxies&solid backbox

one without the other dont do.....for me that is and they do protect it from fulls&knocks

take a looks at bitzforbikes they prety good

well good luck n ride safe

ps nice to here of a xjr1300 rider

Hi and many thanks for your reply, I will certainly take a look at the site you suggested. Sorry to hear about your accident, what a sad day for the bike!! If it can't be repaired. Let me know. I love my machine and very hgappy with it. Take care

Sorry to hear a

hi i f

ind they look sh.t unles u got good hard sideboxies&solid backbox

one without the other dont do.....for me that is and they do protect it from fulls&knocks

take a looks at bitzforbikes they prety good

well good luck n ride safe

ps nice to here of a xjr1300 rider