Portsmouth/Southsea bikers

This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm fairly new here, just wondering if anyone else is from my neck of the woods, Portsmouth. Did a CBT a few months back and have since been pottering around on my SR125. Would be cool to find some rides out off the island (there seems to be a price on my head from all the 4x4 drivers in the city)

I'm originally from Bury but moved down here before I got an interest in bikes, now missing all those great country roads in Lancashire, there has to be something similar round here right?!

I'm Chris by the way

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I'm fairly new here, just wondering if anyone else is from my neck of the woods, Portsmouth. Did a CBT a few months back and have since been pottering around on my SR125. Would be cool to find some rides out off the island (there seems to be a price on my head from all the 4x4 drivers in the city)

I'm originally from Bury but moved down here before I got an interest in bikes, now missing all those great country roads in Lancashire, there has to be something similar round here right?!

I'm Chris by the way

try the A32 from fareham up to loomies cafe at west meon good road to tootal down with some short fast bits then u can go on A272 to A3 and back home

also bikers meet at mick's burger stall on portsdown hill

and if you fancy a bit more of a ride, when the weather is good, ...you can make your way to whiteways cafe at the top of bury hill near arundel,...gets mighty busy when the weather is good and is always good to meet likeminded people and have a good laugh at the same time.

ufo

oh and I think there is a motorcycle club near emsworth, but I cant think of the name,....but I know they cater for all types of bike and rider

try the A32 from fareham up to loomies cafe at west meon good road to tootal down with some short fast bits then u can go on A272 to A3 and back home

also bikers meet at mick's burger stall on portsdown hill

Cheers for that, sounds like a good route to get started with. I was used to travelling along the motorways by car so it will be interesting to explore the A and B roads a bit more.

• 3 months later...

Cheers for that, sounds like a good route to get started with. I was used to travelling along the motorways by car so it will be interesting to explore the A and B roads a bit more.

Loomies or Portsdown hill is your best bet if you want to meet like minded people. Micks Burger bar is opposite the Churchillian Pub near Fort Widley. Take a ride up there between 6 and 10 pm and you almost guarunteed to meet someone. 9 times out of 10 I will be there about that time. Theres also a few clubs that gather there so come up for a chat and we will help point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought cbts wernt aloud on the motorway etc

You need to pass your test before you can go on the motorway but you are fine on A+B roads

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online