exhaust downpipe

jaybe
This post is 5611 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondering if anyone has removed the restrictor pipe out of sr 250 front pipe ? cut and weld i spose ?? unless theres an easier way apart from buying complete new pipe as putting upswept reverse megaphone on :o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure it is a `restrictor pipe` and not just a double skinned down pipe ??

well i would have thought so as goes from large exhaust port into down pipe which reduces gas flow by half as outer wall on exhaust is the same thickness as a normal exhaust system so you get 1/4" space all the way round inner to outer pipe exagerated but large airgap anyway so i get better exhaust flow iam removing it . the id outerpipe is 34.5mm and with the other pipe inside reduces it to 26mm id so you can see how restricted the gases are as the exhaust port opening/exit is 38.5mm

just wondering if anyone has removed the restrictor pipe out of sr 250 front pipe ? cut and weld i spose ?? unless theres an easier way apart from buying complete new pipe as putting upswept reverse megaphone on :o

hi i made new pipes for my triumph and they are the same size right through. i bought some 90deg. bends,cut and welded to suit and made a new set of cans aswell. made a big differance. had to reduce the baffle size slightly and moved the needle jets up a notch to eliminate a bad flat spot.

total cost to buy (2) slip-on cans = £750-850 (holy shit)

new tig welder and a load of stainless = £350

satisfaction = priceless

hi i made new pipes for my triumph and they are the same size right through. i bought some 90deg. bends,cut and welded to suit and made a new set of cans aswell. made a big differance. had to reduce the baffle size slightly and moved the needle jets up a notch to eliminate a bad flat spot.

total cost to buy (2) slip-on cans = £750-850 (holy shit)

new tig welder and a load of stainless = £350

satisfaction = priceless

[/quote bloody hell mate i don't intend on spending much on it as its just for riding during winter months not a show bike maybe in years to come

What year?
its on a y plate so whats that 82/83 ? say yoda are you the same yoda as on bikers lifestyle and also mistress vicky ???? if so iam same jaybe with black harley sportster . i just haven't been on that site for a while but still wouldn't mind building a trike

it only cost £50 for the stainless and the welder has been flat out since. the tig also welds with the stick (arc) aswell. depends on how much welding you do it can be worth it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online