good driving roads essex

bradley
This post is 5592 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

live in basildon area

I'm in Suffolk so I know north side (of A12) roads better but here's a suggestion or 2.

A132 (off A127) through Runwell Right onto B1012, then either:Left B1018 towards Maldon, don't go through Maldon unless you want to stop at the river for a drink, just go up A414 the right at roundabout, left next roundabout head to Heybridge. Right onto B1026 thru Tolleshunt D'Arcy up to Layer de la Haye, left along unclassified to Heckfordbridge, left onto B1022 back thru Tiptree to Great Totham, bear right onto Captain Woods Road, bear left Maypole Road back towards Heybridge, back down A414 but stay on til B1418, go through Bicknacre & Woodham Ferrers back onto A132

or:

Go straight ahead o the B1012 it becomes B1010, go all the way to Burnham on Crouch, stop by river for refreshments :) Do the loop to get back, B1021, B1018 to Cold Norton Right at CN then left onto B1010 to Hazeleigh, left unclassified to Bicknacre, left onto B1418 to Woodham Ferrers and the A132.

I don't know what you ride or how far afield you want to go, but if you fancy a longer run From route 1, at Tolleshunt d'Arcy, go left onto B1023 to Tiptree, keep going, under the A12, B1024 to Feering and Coggeshall, keep going north on B1024 to A1124 Left to Earls Colne, through Halstead onto A1017 up to Sible Hedingham. In SH do left right left (your staying on the 'main' road you end up on the Wethersfield Road, follow this all the way to Wethersfield, at junction Right onto B1053 to Finchingfield where you should see plenty of fellow 2 wheelers :) good pub and cafe on the green :thumb:

Head home down the B1057 to Great Dunmow, B1008 to Little Waltham & onto A130 / A12 / A130 to bypass Chelmsford, back down A130 to Basildon ;)

Yo Bradley, I just went through your posts to find out what you ride.... excellent choice :D

I'm on a '53 reg R6, gimme a shout if you decide to head off to Finchingfield or fancy a mosey around HG's in Braintree :thumb: I also know the pub right on the river at maldon (bought my Thundercat there, erm not in the pub :icon_redface1: )

Has the diner near the Dick Whittington on A127 opened yet ?

do you mean the dick turpin if you do then im not sure but the dick turpin is rammed with bikes not sure of dates tho

:P erm yes, The Dick Turpin !

I know its a popular meet place, but there's an American Diner opening up just along the road from it, only I cant find the flippin forum thread I read it on :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online