dtr125 sm

davie
This post is 5655 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive recently purchased a 54 plate dtr 125 sm and would like to know how to get it to go faster than the 65mph that it does thanx davie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi davie

the way i improved my 125 greatly was to turn the powervalve around 180 degrees(if it is in the restricting position), i will try and find a walkthrough how to do this.(both of these need doing to get the best from the engine)

The other way which lets the engine rev to its full potential is to remove the headlight so you can see the wiring blocks behind it there is one block with 4 wires going in and 3 coming out.

Its the green/black wire going in that we need to alter, it needs to be cut before it goes into the block and then extended so it can be connected to an earth point on the frame. (loosen a bolt and tuck it behind and re-tighten does the job.)

This stops the power valve from retarding thus restricting the engine.

mark

Hi davie

the way i improved my 125 greatly was to turn the powervalve around 180 degrees(if it is in the restricting position), i will try and find a walkthrough how to do this.(both of these need doing to get the best from the engine)

The other way which lets the engine rev to its full potential is to remove the headlight so you can see the wiring blocks behind it there is one block with 4 wires going in and 3 coming out.

Its the green/black wire going in that we need to alter, it needs to be cut before it goes into the block and then extended so it can be connected to an earth point on the frame. (loosen a bolt and tuck it behind and re-tighten does the job.)

This stops the power valve from retarding thus restricting the engine.

mark

will try the wire thing before i put in full dep system see what happens thanx

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online