Any riding instructors on here

branman
This post is 5683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My wife turned up to do her CBT today and was told as the instructor had run out of certificates it would be illegal for her to do her training is this right? Last time she went to do it instead of a 125 commuter bike she was give a 50cc trials bike which had seen better days and the tax had expired in may. :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, it would be illegal probably (not 100% sure)

However, he SHOULD have called you first, that is very unfair.... And the 50cc doesnt really matter, but tha Tax.... :S I'd consider phoning their superior.

Go somewhere else.

Presumably yout wife was booked in, so the instructor should have ensured he could deliver what was agreed, this problably come under the Supply of Goods and Services legislation, depending on the circumstances, but it's not at all worth persuing, get an instructor who can organise themselves.

I wouldn't have though it illeagal to carry out the Training without having a certificate - it would certainly be illeagal to allow your wife to ride without one, "in the post" has no status at all.

Try making a complaint to the DSA if you feel stongly about it, on it's own it will have little effect, but you might not be the first or the last....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online