thundercat tyres

garysb
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

Its time to change tyres and fancy a change from the standard dunlops cos they seem to be a bit too soft and wear out to quick,so i was thinking of a set of them dual compound and wonder if anyone has any good recomendations

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi garysb, I had a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's on my Honda SP2 and they did 4,000mls and still had loads of life left in them but sold the bike. They are hard in the centre and softish rubber on the sides, ran them over last winter and they were great in the wet and gave good confidence in the cold. They do cost a little more than say the Dunlops or Metzelers but I think they are well worth the money.

I run the Pilot Power 2CT on the R1 lasted around 3000mls so far and prob got another 1000mls left in them!

Cheers SB.

Hi garysb, I had a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's on my Honda SP2 and they did 4,000mls and still had loads of life left in them but sold the bike. They are hard in the centre and softish rubber on the sides, ran them over last winter and they were great in the wet and gave good confidence in the cold. They do cost a little more than say the Dunlops or Metzelers but I think they are well worth the money.

I run the Pilot Power 2CT on the R1 lasted around 3000mls so far and prob got another 1000mls left in them!

Cheers SB.

Thanks for the info SB will check them out, don't mind if they cost bit extra for peace of mind...

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online