Hello, i'm new and have a tyre question...

ScottFZR
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my name is Scott and i live in Aberdeen. Passed my full bike test a few months ago and bought my first bike a month ago, a 1991 Yamaha FZR 600 Genesis. Best thing i think i've ever bought.

I am needing to replace the tyres on my bike. Due to the age of my bike, my tyres are really thin, the back tyre is 140/60/18 and the front is 110/70/17. I have 2 options at the moment which are:

• Dunlop GPR Alpha
  • Bridgestone BT96

Has anyone got any opinions/experience with these tyres and also any recommendations for other tyres i could get which will acommodate my sizes? I was recommended Michelin Pilot Sports but i don't think they do my sizes.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had an fzr600r had metzlers on when i got it not impressed, so changed to dunlop 207s then dunlop 208s the dunlops suited the bike well bit slow to warm up but once warm never let go on wet or dry roads even when pushed to the limit.