anyone had this problem..?

banni
This post is 5671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Have a fzs600 8 yrs old 6500miles, i think this is the true mileage although now I'm not too sure, even though its spotless.

It had been stood a year, had it mot'd taxed and took it to Scarborough one morning (i live in Leeds), when i got there cranking sounds coming from gearbox in first, second and the rest when i got home. Did i push her too hard too fast????! Chain was jumping on the top, so we thought it was front sprocket-looked at that-and its not.

Sounds like a major strip down rebuild job- not looking forward to it. Anyone had this?

From depressed.

IMG_0419.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Didn't change the oil- had some in though! And the rear sprocket and chain are fine- the mot guy even said its the first bike he's seen in a while with the correct tension. I could change the oil and see if it makes any difference before I carry out any major work(but there is quite a clatter and me thinks something deep inside is cabooshed). Thanks for the advice.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online