hard starting when cold and picks up slow

scottyb6
This post is 5380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, just wonder if anyone could help or nos why, when i come to my aerox in the morning after leaving it stand all night, i go to start the bike it fires then imediatly cuts out, then if you go to start the bike agen it just turns over and doesnt fire. however if you keep the bike turning over and over eventually it will fire up and run, as soon as the bike if fired it will fire strait up all the time. there is another issue with the bike if you are cruising at 50mph then drop the speed down to about 25-30 mph the bike takes ages to pick up agen :S im very confussed can anyone help, thanks scott

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have the exact same problem!!!

i was told it is to do with the transmission heating up that causes the lack of acceleration wen you drop below 25-30 mph....

to counterbalance this get lighter rollers to improve acceleration!!!

or you can get a vented transmission cover which will keep it cool thus improving acceleration!!!

• 6 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online