V&H Cruzer and HC installation update

cili
This post is 5697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok here goes my update……

V&H Cruzers installed, together with Kuryakyn HC,

As advised by MagEurope who are the European distributors and also some correspondence with Cruiser Ecosse I opted for the 31501 model as they recommended which is listed as 49 states up to 2004 models, regrettable the bracket does not fit and my installer had to manufacture a completely new bracket. In short the 31505 is the correct model for the 2007 Classic.

Pipes went in well not so happy with the hose clamps that tie in the heat shields as the bolts show from the bottom, pipes look ok but nothing compared to the originals. Now I need to solve the output which is just under my saddle bags :(

Now for performance.

The bark is loud much louder than expected, but has a deep rumble and on idle the sound is fantastic, Performance wise, seems the bike is faster but feels to have lost torque, not sure as I still need to do a good run and also test 2 up, the HC looks good but does rattle a bit, anyway overall great sound, good looking pipes but if I had to turn the clock back I would leave the originals on nor would I re-jet……

That is my two pennies worth of update.

Cheers

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online