When was ABS available? S2, a better bike?

smiler289
This post is 5702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

Am planning on getting a yamaha fz6 fazer but want one with abs, does anybody know when abs became an option on this bike?

Also the s2, which I think was available from 07, is it worth paying that bit extra for one?

Cheers

Smiler

Am having a problem searching on this site, anybody else had that problem?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have just bought a FZS6V© a few weeks ago and very happy with it. It was first registered in 23/3/2007 - it does not have ABS. More than one dealer that I have spoken to are not too keen on ABS.

I am not sure what the advantages of the S2 are.

As far as ABS is concerned, my feeling is that your most likely to come off your bike whilst going round a bend too fast = I don't think that ABS would save you then. Most bikes will stop fairly quickly in a straight line without skidding if you have a feel for the bike.

Regards

Ken

Hi!

Am planning on getting a yamaha fz6 fazer but want one with abs, does anybody know when abs became an option on this bike?

Also the s2, which I think was available from 07, is it worth paying that bit extra for one?

Cheers

Smiler

Am having a problem searching on this site, anybody else had that problem?

personally due to my previous experience with motorcycles and people pulling out in front of me and other things happening i am use to not having ABS. And I like it like that. I think that so many bikes havent had it in the past. Why start now. I don't think it's worth paying an extra $1000 or more. it's up to you if you want to buy that particular model. Personally i will NEVER own a bike with ABS.

Cheers for everyones replies!

Seams like most bikers I talk to are not in favour of ABS on their bikes. Am new to biking so dont have the experience to comment on whether I think ABS is needed or not but from driving my cars I know what difference it makes. I have a 67 Mustang and a Volvo S60, the difference in braking potential is vast. Doesnt bother me driving the mustang without ABS though so maybe I will go for a bike without that option, its the cheaper option anyway lol.

Cheers

Smiler

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online