XT 350 electrical

flatheadrider
This post is 5698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. new member to this site. I have a 85 XT 350 that I'm having some elecrical issues with. First, I have a hot battery. Second, with the ign/acc on, the blinkers work but no other lights. With the bike running the headlight works but the tail light and brake light (front and rear) do not work. 2 weeks ago the rear brake light was working fine but front never has (owned bike 2 years now), figured it was front switch. Tore into it last week and front switch works if I use a jumper wire to put power to connection at 2 prong plug under/behind headlight. I don't have a manual or wiring schematic. Any and all assistance would be appreciated, and yes I'm shopping for a manual. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

G,day.

Is the battery only hot when the bike is running? This would probably mean a faulty regulator.

The headlight and tail light will only work when the bike is running. The bike does not have to be running for the brake light ,blinkers or horn to work.

The brake light problem could be a broken wire in the loom near the head stem where the loom moves when turning but you need to rule out all other possibilities (globe ,connections ,switch etc)before pulling the loom apart.

I have a service guide for the 85 xt 350 that has a wiring diagram. Just send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

Cheers Ferg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online