Replacement Exhaust advice

Tim Barnes
This post is 5729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have had my dragstar for a year and have nearly run over a man who did not hear me coming down the street and the other week got slammed by white van man who did not look in his mirror as i was overtaking him.

I have been told that load pipes save lives so have started looking, and what a choice.

The thing is i dont want to mess about too much with re-jetting if i can help it and also dont want to fall out with my the people who live next door with excessive load pipes.

All i want is that nice deep rumble and maybe a bit more poke - Can any one give me views on whats good/bad? such as any problems with performance "popping" or trouble getting through the MOT etc?

My local agent sells Highway Hawk but also sells Vance & Hines. I have been recomended Jardine and silvertail Ko2 but had not had the chance to meet others with the same bike

Any one got any advice?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have had my dragstar for a year and have nearly run over a man who did not hear me coming down the street and the other week got slammed by white van man who did not look in his mirror as i was overtaking him.

I have been told that load pipes save lives so have started looking, and what a choice.

The thing is i dont want to mess about too much with re-jetting if i can help it and also dont want to fall out with my the people who live next door with excessive load pipes.

All i want is that nice deep rumble and maybe a bit more poke - Can any one give me views on whats good/bad? such as any problems with performance "popping" or trouble getting through the MOT etc?

My local agent sells Highway Hawk but also sells Vance & Hines. I have been recomended Jardine and silvertail Ko2 but had not had the chance to meet others with the same bike

Any one got any advice?

I have the V&H Cruzers but still in the box, but rejetting is recommended, I have heard the Highway hawk not too loud but I promised myself no more HW products as they rust and/or pit too quickly. The ones I saw were already blueing afer one year

I have the V&H Cruzers but still in the box, but rejetting is recommended, I have heard the Highway hawk not too loud but I promised myself no more HW products as they rust and/or pit too quickly. The ones I saw were already blueing afer one year

yeah i have the the hw on mine at present gotta admit they are s**t blued even with re jetting stay away in the end i was fed up looking and gone and got some custom pipes done from Arlinton motorcycles www.arlingtonmotorcycles.co.uk very good give em a bell and resonable priced two it cost me 300 for harley style drop outs

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online