XS750 Engine

daveyboy27uk
This post is 5734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anybody got a decent XS750 engine, that goes through the gears smoothly without jumping out of 2nd gear etc???

Cheers

Dave

Hi Davey,

I guess the engine you have drops out of second ? If the rest of the motor is ok try to find a bearing housing that holds (umm cannot remeber) either the main shaft or lay shaft from the bottom of the engine. This housing has a 'hook' on it which hold the gear selector shaft in place. If the 'hook' wears the bike (oddly) drops out of second only, so replacement cures it .... but back in the 70's/80's the part was supplied with the crankcase only (bad !!!) I did 2 or 3 repairs by using the part from write offs. If this is the problem & you can find the part all you need to do is drain the oil & drop the sump plate off and replace it (no engine out carbs/exhaust off etc). But I guess over the last 20 odd years finding the part may be a problem !

Regards Jim

Anybody got a decent XS750 engine, that goes through the gears smoothly without jumping out of 2nd gear etc???

Cheers

Dave

Try and look for some xs750 specific websites. I seem to remember reading that there was something funny about the spacing of the tranny that would make 2nd gear pop.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online