Hello

Skidz
This post is 5687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Just thought that I would post an intro as I have been browsing the sight for a while and because of this I've got the biking bug back after to much time away from it.

I've had my FZR since 96 and for the last 5 years it has been sitting in the back garden housing mice and spiders, until yesterday, when I started stripping it down for a rebuild and respray. I've ordered some parts of ebay and then hopefully will get it to the shotblasters in the next 2 weeks and then get it powdercoated.

Looking around the forum has given me some great ideas and inspiration for what I would like to do with the bike, however I have 2 sticking points,

1: can up side down forks be fitted and if so which ones?

2: I would like to change the back end to something more modern, (R6 ish) how easy or hard is it to do this?

Thanks

Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ryan,

I don't know if this is possible but it is worth investigating whether the YZF750R forks will fit without too much hassle, that'll give you upside downers and the option for R1 front brakes too. Also, the rear bodywork for the FZR600 is the same as the YZF and you can fit the R6 tail quite easily to that, in fact I saw an FZR with one fitted at Cadwell not long ago.

Hi Lardybloke

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to just go with the original body work for now until the bike is up and running , then try out a R6 rear and see how that goes.

Regards

Ryan

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online