WR250R

WR250
This post is 5729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so, just wondered what peoples views were on the WR250R?

I would be using it for my daily short commute to work, then when i get better/ more experienced/ confident on it would then consider the odd green lane.

opinions on the bike if anyone knows it please.....

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

so, just wondered what peoples views were on the WR250R?

I would be using it for my daily short commute to work, then when i get better/ more experienced/ confident on it would then consider the odd green lane.

opinions on the bike if anyone knows it please.....

:)

i love it personally but for me its way to pricey.

Has a lot of technology on it, fuel injected aswell, quite heavy but is a traily so youd expect it i guess.

overall it looks good (was in TBM recently) the x version looks very nice aswell (what id personally get dont get on the lanes much at the mo)

Iv considered it for sure but would what a while cos of price.

O and the valves dont need adjusting till 30.000 miles!! its ment to be very very reliable aswell

:D

sounds promising ryan, although the valve thing i thought was 24000 miles.

couple of different people have said different things, went into one shop and they said how great it was, but then they sell them, so are up to speed with the model.

a chap from another shop said something about the engines needing a re build every 15hours of use, but then i think he was on about an older version, and he'd not seen the new 08 WR, but he said he thought the new WR engine was based on the same as the one he was on about.

dont know what it is about the yamaha's i just love them. they look so cool! been watching loads of clips on you tube.

he must of been thinking of the 250f which is the race version if its every 15 hours.

you are right it is pretty much the same engine except the compression ratio is different so basically its a de-tuned version if you like but more reliable. if you think about it the f version on the road would be nasty a little snappy and would feel like you would have to race it every where because thats all it would want to do.

the r version i think has more torque aswell so its basically a reliable more road user friendly bike.

All the reviews iv read have been good and its a dead good looking bike dont you think?

lol other wise if you come off laning it would be first thing to go. looks allful and the stock exhaust is heavily restricted.

America have had them a while now they love them on thumpertalk have a look to get some ideas about them. ;)

www.thumpertalk.com

been in two different bike shops this week, neither of which have had the WR250R in, and both of which have stressed they will not be having that model in but can order one in if i place an order to buy!

seems real bad and abit off that i have to fork out £5000 on a bike ive not even seen in the flesh let alone sat on!

how frustrating! <_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online