fazer 1000

mikebarber1967
This post is 5700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i currently have a xjr 13000 had from new 05 model,been on the motorway too mant times hade to hold on for dear life wen the pace gets a little fast i been looking at the new fazer 1000 full faireing ,any members that own them can help me with any good or bad points about the fazer before i buy one.regards mike

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i currently have a xjr 13000 had from new 05 model,been on the motorway too mant times hade to hold on for dear life wen the pace gets a little fast i been looking at the new fazer 1000 full faireing ,any members that own them can help me with any good or bad points about the fazer before i buy one.regards mike

I have one, and i absolutley love it! It'll crusie along at any speed you like, or be as bannanas as you like. Really great bike, other than my can, the best addition i've made is a set of wider bars, and coming from an xjr13 you would maybe appreciate that too.

Go for it, you wont be dissapointed ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

I have had a full fairing version for 2 years and I still love the bike to bits. I had a Triumph Sprint RS before and the Fazer blows the socks off it for performance, handling and even just cruising around. The Trumper wasn't a bad bike, it's just the Fazer is a brilliant machine. I have seen a seriously big figure on the clock (not going to admit how big on here!!) and the bike was as stable as I could wish for and without having to lie flat on the tank, I was able to comfortably hang on.

I would recommend this bike to anyone - Go for it!!!

I took a Fazer 1000 out last week for a day while my XT was in for a service. I also have a Fazer 600 so I was expecting the 1000 to be something like the same, boy was I wrong.

The 600, I find is a bit of a busy bike to ride, that is, you have to push the bugger up the rev range to get any real performance, considering I can leave most things from the line on my XT from about 1000 revs it's a bit alien to me this reving thing!

So, off out on the 1000, and it just felt right, loads of grunt even at lower revs, no need to get busy with the gears to make it go, no screaming motor - just felt right. Lovely bike, I'd seriously consider one, but I think my wife would divorce me if I got another bike!! and I've only have the Fazer600 for a couple of weeks.......

Well pretty subjective stuff!!!

I guess the main difference is in the Torque curve- the xjr delivering more torque earlier. Also , on a scale 1-10 for handling, where the xjr would score 0 the fazer 10 !!The FZ1 Fazer is manic at the higher speeds which seems to be what u need. When you say 'full fairing' do you mean the FZ1 fazer with the lowers fitted? They aren't really necessary. The following link will give some idea of its performance in the upper rev range. Remember the 70 speed limit though!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aBMtCEE50Tw

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online