no power at low revs.

2enjoi2
This post is 5737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, this is really an ongoing problem, but now its got me terified of riding the bike. before i sepnd heaps on it just wanted some advice.

my bike has a race exhaust on it with no baffle, im sure it hasnt been jetted but im told this may not be the problem.

what happens is when i pull away on a flat eaven surface its giving me delayed power. i pull back throttle, power comes a second later. if i try to pull away at an angle or on a cambre it just stalls or i have to rev the tits off it to get it going. both not really fun when a car is coming at u from the side!

ive been told to fix the plugs, carbs, air filter, clutch...ect. anyone recon they can pinpoint it?

or direct me to a trusted garage in the south west region, i live in bristol and i dont want to go too far.

cheers for any input

david

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, this is really an ongoing problem, but now its got me terified of riding the bike. before i sepnd heaps on it just wanted some advice.

my bike has a race exhaust on it with no baffle, im sure it hasnt been jetted but im told this may not be the problem.

what happens is when i pull away on a flat eaven surface its giving me delayed power. i pull back throttle, power comes a second later. if i try to pull away at an angle or on a cambre it just stalls or i have to rev the tits off it to get it going. both not really fun when a car is coming at u from the side!

ive been told to fix the plugs, carbs, air filter, clutch...ect. anyone recon they can pinpoint it?

or direct me to a trusted garage in the south west region, i live in bristol and i dont want to go too far.

cheers for any input

david

If it has a race exhaust it may need to be jetted but 1st check the pilot jets ain't blocked (also check the pilot air jet is correctly set) & the air filter/s are clean. If it has the original airbox try running it with out the airfilter to see if it makes a difference (may need cone filters fitted). Check the plugs as well coz aftermarket parts (like exhausts) can make the bike go through ignition/carburation system parts like nobodys business.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online