ybr125 steering lock

steveprice90
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi people,

just got a brand new 08 ybr125, my first ever bike, really chuffed etc. etc. but in a really stupid newbie fashion i've found the steering lock a bit of a bugger to turn on...is this a problem to worry about? (i have to wriggle the handle bars a little each time i lock it) it doesnt seem a problem now but i dont want to get to work and find i cant lock it at all...

any ideas?

steve (worrying about nothing gives you something to do)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there steve

Enjoy your rides with your new yam and don't fear anything about the steering lock.

It is a bit stupid thing for the Yamahers not ot align the hole on the steering column with the pole of the lock but that's the way it works. Yoy just have to steer a litle bit every time you lock/unlock so that you don't break the key...

HI

I too have just got a new ybr (10 days ago) :rolleyes:

I have found a similar problem, try this- put it on full left lock then turn the bars right an inch or so-should lock no problem, works on mine

hi there

Try pushing the key in as you wiggle the handlebars mine pops into place if I push and bounce it of the full lock. Hope that makes sense. I've just got to remember to do this before I activate my alarmed disc lock or I get it in the ears.