YZF750 Frame Options

FZRBhoy
This post is 5758 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have aquired a YZF 750 frame and am looking at engine options before building a special. Will prob go with YZF 750 swing arm.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Would a Thunderace engine fit? Are there any drive chain issues?

An how about suspention options? Am going down the R1 Tail unit route and standard front fairing.

Any ideas on any of above or other items to think on greatly appreciated.

Paul :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Ace engine will fit, the rear engine mounts are the same, but front mount holes on the engine are 10mm higher.

You can go two ways, either make up some adaptor plates, or have the frame spars cut off and rewelded 10mm higher, so the engine just drops straight in.

If you go with adaptor plates, you have to shave off the thickness of the plates from the engine, so the sprockets line up.

The only other issue is the airbox.

This also sits 10mm higher, so you either have to mount the tank higher (easiest way) or reshape the Ace airbox.

I`m doing this mod on my spare YZF750 frame over the next few months, i`m having the frame spars cut and rewelded.

My old YZF750 had a FZR1000 motor in it, this had an adaptor plate on one side, then a hole drilled in the other side for the single engine mount bolt.

Again, the airbox was a problem, but i got round it by fitting a pair of K&N filters, but this messes the jetting, so had to fit a stage 3 kit.

I`ve got plenty of pics, so let me know if your`e interested in the FZR swap and i`ll show the adaptor plate.

hi there i got a yzf swinger if u need good condition and a few other odds and ends £60 the lot , i bought from some guy off here for my thundercat project but it aint gona fit, let us no if u want or it will end up on e bay,,,,,,,,,,

Air box not a problem, have a fibreglass guru as a father-in-law. He used to make race plastics and mods for a livving, so no issuses there. The 'cleaner look will be moving the top mounts. I am interested in the plate, have you got the specs / measurements or pics.

I have pics for the FZR1000 motor swap, a mate did the Ace plate mod, i`ll see if i can find any pics of those.

Heres the plate for FZR motor.

It had nuts welded onto the inside so you use the YZF frame bolt holes.

yzf750009.jpg

The other side has the mount hole drilled through the frame spar, it has a collar in the hole and you need to space out the rear to line up the engine so the sprockets line up.

yzf750007.jpg

yzf750006.jpg

Heres the engine fitted, its a tight fit in the frame, i had it totally stripped so was easier to fit the frame over the engine!

yzf750012.jpg

Looks really good in the frame, tight fit like you said. Would love to see the thunderace engine too. Looks like its a 750/1000 hybrid is the way i am going, will be a slow project, funding on a payday basis. Will be looking for either the fzr or thunderace engine at he breakers and e-bay.

Send me whatr you have got, i may be interested, out of curiosity will a 750 swing arm slot into my fzr600r, have just finished rebuilding it, thats where i got the bug for fzr's. Will tinker with that and my project.

There's a guy on Ebay selling a YZF750 streetfighter unfinished project with a carbed R1 engine fitted. Only £400 so far which is a bargain even if you just take the engine out you would flog the rest off easily enough. I'd buy it myself if I had the cash.

Even if you don't buy it, he's done the engine swap so he could offer help and advice on fitment.

Send me whatr you have got, i may be interested, out of curiosity will a 750 swing arm slot into my fzr600r, have just finished rebuilding it, thats where i got the bug for fzr's. Will tinker with that and my project.

hi there i wouldnt think it would fit the frame with out any mods , i have a thundercat project that im doing and i just tried to put a yzf swinger in and its to wide and the fzr 600r frame looks the same as the thundercat i could b wrong but if u want a swinger ive got 1 on ebay starting price 9.99.

Can't find it on E-Bay, have you got the id of the advert......

Also am in the North of scotland, that always complicates deliveries of parts and going to collect things.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=014

i have also got a r6 swinger for sale it has the same bearings as the yzf750 so i would see why that woulnt fit think they the same width could messure, the r6 swinger is longer so would help it not to wheelie with the 1000 engine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=014

i have also got a r6 swinger for sale it has the same bearings as the yzf750 so i would see why that woulnt fit think they the same width could messure, the r6 swinger is longer so would help it not to wheelie with the 1000 engine.

pm me your e mail and il send u some pics of wot can be done to the yzf body wise as i got loads of pics. thats if u want to.

mick

e-mail is

[email protected]

look forward to the pics, cheers

while am at it, does anyone know what swingers will fit my Foxeye?

will send soom pics ,, the only other swinger that might go in is the braced fzr 400 i might look into it my self for the thundercat.............................