1983 XS400 DOHC Maxim Manual needed!

Gnash
This post is 5714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. I need to find a manual for my 83 XS400 DOHC Maxim. I have the 82 manual from this forum, but I need to know specs for my year. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all. I need to find a manual for my 83 XS400 DOHC Maxim. I have the 82 manual from this forum, but I need to know specs for my year. Thanks!

I've been searching and buying manuals for weeks now. Can't find the right manual. Mine is a Maxim XS400-L (1983). It is a DOHC too. The valves are hydraulic (they set themselves with the oil pressure from the engine).

I wonder how close it is to the XS400J model. Anyone knows?

I've been searching and buying manuals for weeks now. Can't find the right manual. Mine is a Maxim XS400-L (1983). It is a DOHC too. The valves are hydraulic (they set themselves with the oil pressure from the engine).

I wonder how close it is to the XS400J model. Anyone knows?

I have an '82 (XS400J). The valves are not hydraulic. They're shim over bucket, and you need a special tool to set the valve clearances. I just did this job on my bike about a month ago. A freind of mine has the special tool and a box of shims so the process was easy. This is the tool you need:

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0020

The valve specs are in the owners manual, and also the PDF service manual I found posted elsewhere on this site.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online