how to remove swingarm bearings ?

mad73
This post is 5775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

help please

i need to remove my swingarm bearings does any 1 no how to do this

If you have a manual for any bike you can read up on doing this job as they're changed much the same way on most bikes, if in doubt buy/borrow or down load a manual for specifics on that bike.

If you have a manual for any bike you can read up on doing this job as they're changed much the same way on most bikes, if in doubt buy/borrow or down load a manual for specifics on that bike.

my manual says take to a yamaha dealer any other help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my manual says take to a yamaha dealer any other help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Removing the swingarm and renewing the bearings comes under the 4 spanner rating in a haynes manual...NOT to be done by someone with little or no knowledge.

You really need to get a Haynes specific manual for your bike, then you can see the procedure. Ive just read through the procedure for my XJ900....took me a while to make sense of it. Unfortunatly I havnt a manual for your bike, so cant even start to explain.

All I can say is, if you havnt done bearings on any bike before....this isnt the job to start with. Ive done wheel bearings and head bearings before...not the easiest of jobs.

I did mean a service manual not the owners manual. In the owners manual it tells you to take it to a yamaha dealer to change the oil.

chees for your replys it is a haynes manual im looking in ,,, wot i want to do is put thundercat swinger bearings in a r6 swinger as they the same size but the pivit bolt on the thundercat is smaller ,,,,,,,,,,, or does any 1 no where i can get the swinger made to fit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online