YZ250 No spark... Help. Totally lost!

paulospug
This post is 5776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I have recently bought a YZ250 2000. The bike was running before it was put into a garage for 3 months, but no longer sparks! There is a very low voltage coming to the cdi unit (approx 0.6v sometimes.... i think) from the magneto, but nothing coming to the plug. I have put another 2nd hand coil and cdi unit but still no joy.

I am about to kick it and cry :angry:

Can anyone offer any advice? I have had the flywheel cover off and cleaned it up but now have run out of things to try......

HELP!

Thanks, Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi.

I have recently bought a YZ250 2000. The bike was running before it was put into a garage for 3 months, but no longer sparks! There is a very low voltage coming to the cdi unit (approx 0.6v sometimes.... i think) from the magneto, but nothing coming to the plug. I have put another 2nd hand coil and cdi unit but still no joy.

Can anyone offer any advice? I have had the flywheel cover off and cleaned it up but now have run out of things to try......

HELP!

Thanks, Paul

Hav you thort about the ht lead mite havea loose conection or mayb a fuse has blown?? :unsure: im not sure if i no what im on about, also have you cheked your loom justincase a wier has burnt out??

Hi.

HELP!

Thanks, Paul

Check the battery condition (charge & check the plates ain't warped) then the connector at the regulator/rectifier. Sometimes when you rest a bike for a few months you get a build up of verdigree (green powdery crap) in the electrical connections, this can cause the drop in voltage.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online