New to forum

unfazed
This post is 5782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I hope I am posting in the right place. I am not yet the owner of a Yamaha but my wife has a Fazer FZ6. I am poised to buy a FZ1 but am put off by several reports of snatchiness on reopening the throttle after closing at around 4000rph.

I have been riding a 2004 Cb1300 and that is snatchy on take up so I dont really do 'snatchy' any more-fed up with it!

So does the 2008 Fazer still have this problem? Also I am used to galloping up to 60 mph in about 3.5 seconds on the CB any idea the corresponding figure for the Fazer FZ1 I can't see it quoted anywhere. Any help on this and any other comments will be most appreciated.

PS Sorry I do have a Yamaha- a SR400 imported from Japan, nearly forgot!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and welcome, 1st port of call would be a TEST RIDE on a FZ1 that way you will be able to tell if it's snatchy on the throttle, 2nd point would be the engine is from an R1 so I would put my life on it that it will do 0-60 in less than 3.5secs :lol: 3rd point, did I mention a test ride :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online