xs400sg

tungul
This post is 5791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

There is a guy in my home town that has a 1980 xs400sg it starts runs good blue tank with metallic flakes I have seen him ride it around town it sounds good pretty clean some rust on the pipes a few dings here and there everything looks decent for a 1980 but he is asking 1100 us dollar and I was wondering if that was a good price or should I wait for a better deal?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

May be a good deal. I bought my 82 400 Maxim from craigslist a little over a month ago for $725 with 8300 miles. About 2 weeks after that someone else posted the same bike with 6400 miles on it and was asking $1450. I'm assuming it was sold because the ad was taken down in two days. It seems that older low mileage bikes are commanding a big price tag due to rising fuel costs (just my guess). I was looking for a Ninja 250 but those are gone about as soon as they're posted.

Oh yeah. Everybody is buying up bikes right now. Before I found my xs400 for $175, I found a 500cc Ninja for $500! I called the dude on the first day, and on the way over to pick it up it was sold! Same with a '73 Honda350. The guy only wanted $250 fot it. It was about 40 miles away from me. I get in the truck and drive there, and in the time that I called the guy and arrived the bike had sold!! I say, if you really like the bike, buy it before it's gone! I think, any running motorcycle is worth at least a grand! Just offer him $1000.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online