Which can should I get ???

TheSaffer
This post is 5775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a 2003 R1 with a standard can on it, and now I’m looking into getting a nice can fitted.

I’m looking for something that looks nice and sounds nice too. The short cans are really what I would love to have, but I’m not sure if they can be fitted to the bike.

Which can would you recommend?

I have something like this in mind…

d_5413.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's something like that yes!

I looked at the Akrapovic website and I can not find anything for a 2003 R1.

Really looking for something close to this:

street-legal_450x261.jpg

If any1 knows of something close to this kinda pipe, please let me know.

Cheers

can get you the viper carbon can with carbon end liek that for £225 + £12 postage in the UK mate.

only pic of it i have is here:

fibre_cap.jpg

pm me if your interested.

can get you the viper carbon can with carbon end liek that for £225 + £12 postage in the UK mate.

only pic of it i have is here:

fibre_cap.jpg

pm me if your interested.

Thanks for the reply mate, I will keep this one in mind, I will see what else there is and then I'll decide which one.

Your talking about the EXC301E model if I'm not mistaken? I will PM you if I have decided to get it.

Looking at the price difference, like Akrapovic and let's say Viper cans, how can there be such a huge price difference?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply mate, I will keep this one in mind, I will see what else there is and then I'll decide which one.

Your talking about the EXC301E model if I'm not mistaken? I will PM you if I have decided to get it.

Looking at the price difference, like Akrapovic and let's say Viper cans, how can there be such a huge price difference?

Cheers

yes thats the correct can mate. viper charge alot less as there not as big as other companies out there and they therefore sell more. were as companies suck as akrapovic charge more as they know people will pay that for the name, and they also spend more in R&D producing a slightly better can then the rest. but i used to have a viper and micron and scorpian cans on my old hornet and tbh they all performed the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies, I would just like to let you know that I have now bought and fitted a Akrapovic exhaust to my R1.

2007_Akrapovic_Slip-On_Exhaust_with_Hexagonal_Muffler.jpg

I just can't believe I haven't done this earlier! She sounds amazing!

Thanks for the help though.

;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online