dtr 125

stadli
This post is 5807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, can anybody help iv got a dtr 125 2000 year, when i set off it it seems very sluggish as though its going to cut out, but as soon as it gets moving the power seems to come back. Also if i keep the revs high it seems to keep its power. somebody told me it could be my power valve sticking but im not sure what that is or where to find it. Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, can anybody help iv got a dtr 125 2000 year, when i set off it it seems very sluggish as though its going to cut out, but as soon as it gets moving the power seems to come back. Also if i keep the revs high it seems to keep its power. somebody told me it could be my power valve sticking but im not sure what that is or where to find it. Cheers

Hi mate,it could be your powervalve sticking in the open position,when you lock your powervalve open you lose some bottom end and the bike is slow up to around 6.5/7k at which point it will fly,if your bike stays fast as longs as you keep your revs above 6.5/7k then i would say it probably is the powervalve.

Hi mate,it could be your powervalve sticking in the open position,when you lock your powervalve open you lose some bottom end and the bike is slow up to around 6.5/7k at which point it will fly,if your bike stays fast as longs as you keep your revs above 6.5/7k then i would say it probably is the powervalve.

Hi yes that sounds as if it could be my powervale sticking open, have you got any advice on where the valve is and how to free it off so it works properly. Thanks