Newbie thinking about FZS 1000

billcbr6
This post is 5812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and girls

I'm new to the forum currently got a CBF1000 but seriously thinking about a fazer thou '08 faired model, so come on persuade me to buy one!!!! I've already got brownie points off the boss she thinks the pillion seat looks v comfortable so thats a def plus. I'm a bit of a dwarf at 5'6" but the seat height looks low enough for me, getting a sit on one this saturday.

It would have to have the hideous exhaust changed and a tail tidy fitted otherwise it looks the dogs bits to me, also got a test ride on the new CB1000R booked but seat height of 828 m/m may be too high for my little legs

Which alarm do you people recommend got a Datatool 4 on my CBF and it does my head in setting itself every 45 secs not even enough time to fill up before its set so need summat with a service mode in it like the Spyballs used to have

Anything else I need to know before I approach my local dealer this weekend??

Cheers Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys and girls

I'm new to the forum currently got a CBF1000 but seriously thinking about a fazer thou '08 faired model, so come on persuade me to buy one!!!! I've already got brownie points off the boss she thinks the pillion seat looks v comfortable so thats a def plus. I'm a bit of a dwarf at 5'6" but the seat height looks low enough for me, getting a sit on one this saturday.

It would have to have the hideous exhaust changed and a tail tidy fitted otherwise it looks the dogs bits to me, also got a test ride on the new CB1000R booked but seat height of 828 m/m may be too high for my little legs

Which alarm do you people recommend got a Datatool 4 on my CBF and it does my head in setting itself every 45 secs not even enough time to fill up before its set so need summat with a service mode in it like the Spyballs used to have

Anything else I need to know before I approach my local dealer this weekend??

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill, i love my 08 Fazer, and have changed the can, and fitted a tail tidy like you said you would, so can point you in the right direction for those. As for height. I'm 5'11 and whilst i can plant my feet firmly on the deck whilst sitting on it, i still find it a fairly tall bike. Pushing it with yer feet whilst actually on it may be a problem for you, but otherwise i think you should be ok.

I thought about the CB1000R myself, but got too good a deal on an official Yamaha to turn down. Having had a go on an R1 & a Firebalde, you can certainly tell the Fazer has a de-tuned engine, but it's no slouch, just not quite as fierce. Power wheelies etc aint quite as simple on the Fazer as the sports bikes, but thats to be expected.

One of the other reasons i went for the Fazer was the missus liked the look of the pillion seat and grab rails too. Shes pregnant now by the way, so wont go on the damn thing anyway lol, but, the one go she did have, she said she felt like she was sitting on her hands quite a bit. If you take your other half pillion alot, i'd suggest she try sitting on it too before you purchase it.

I dont have an alarm fitted, so just the standard Y.I.S.S imobiliser on mine. Cant see me fitting one either.

Biggest niggle for me is the size of the tank. It's only 17 litres, and if your riding it pretty hard, you dont get much more that 120mile 130mile range from the tank. It's not awful, but its meant to be a sports tourer type, and that kind of range dosent exactly cut it.

But i'll say it again, i love my bike :D

Stewart

I've said in other areas of the forum i'd put up pic's and as yet havent, but will do my best to get this done later today.

Hi Bill, i love my 08 Fazer, and have changed the can, and fitted a tail tidy like you said you would, so can point you in the right direction for those. As for height. I'm 5'11 and whilst i can plant my feet firmly on the deck whilst sitting on it, i still find it a fairly tall bike. Pushing it with yer feet whilst actually on it may be a problem for you, but otherwise i think you should be ok.

I thought about the CB1000R myself, but got too good a deal on an official Yamaha to turn down. Having had a go on an R1 & a Firebalde, you can certainly tell the Fazer has a de-tuned engine, but it's no slouch, just not quite as fierce. Power wheelies etc aint quite as simple on the Fazer as the sports bikes, but thats to be expected.

One of the other reasons i went for the Fazer was the missus liked the look of the pillion seat and grab rails too. Shes pregnant now by the way, so wont go on the damn thing anyway lol, but, the one go she did have, she said she felt like she was sitting on her hands quite a bit. If you take your other half pillion alot, i'd suggest she try sitting on it too before you purchase it.

I dont have an alarm fitted, so just the standard Y.I.S.S imobiliser on mine. Cant see me fitting one either.

Biggest niggle for me is the size of the tank. It's only 17 litres, and if your riding it pretty hard, you dont get much more that 120mile 130mile range from the tank. It's not awful, but its meant to be a sports tourer type, and that kind of range dosent exactly cut it.

But i'll say it again, i love my bike :D

Stewart

I've said in other areas of the forum i'd put up pic's and as yet havent, but will do my best to get this done later today.

Hi Stewart

many thanks for the comments the only thing that worries me from you comments is the height of it I can adjust the height of the seat on my CBF and with it on the highest setting of 805 m/m I can manage it no bother but obviously the width of any machine comes into it too, so it looks as if I'll have to wait 'til I've sat on one.

Look forward to seeing your pics when you get round to posting them

Cheers Bill