My 03 XJ900s Divvy

This post is 5817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

photo-0277.jpg

photo-0278.jpg

photo-0279.jpg

Hi,

Just bought a Divvy yesterday after my old XJ900F died. What a change, I think it will turn out to be a great Tourer.

Did yours have the extended screen on when you bought it? If not & you added it does it make a lot of difference?

Hi,

Just bought a Divvy yesterday after my old XJ900F died. What a change, I think it will turn out to be a great Tourer.

Did yours have the extended screen on when you bought it? If not & you added it does it make a lot of difference?

Hiya mate. The Divvy is a fantastic tourer, yes the taller screen does make a difference (kinda depends on how tall you are. Im 5`9), although at higher speeds (er 100 -140mph) its does move a bit thus reacting with your visor unless you tuck down.

I did 70,000 miles on mine last year, in 7 months, very comfortable, reliable and capable machine. 2 up very stable with boxes, plenty of smooth power, through the revs. As with all divvys tho...be nice to have a 6th!!!

Capable tourer, but will play when you want it too, suspension a little wallowy when you push it hard round country bends. I put Avon Storm STs on, front and back, got great grip and good wear. But a duel compound would be good to, I tried a Michelin duel compound, very good grip and wear.

Things too watch...down pipes and collector box rotting, the latter going first. Be carefull washing it too, on the left side of the carbs is the throttle position sensor, its in direct line to get wet....about 100 quid to replace...A mate of mine got carried away last year with a hose pipe, having a lark around, soaked the bike by accident and knackered mine up...expensive lark around for him....

let us know how you get on. P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online