New FZ6 - With or without ABS??

wodger
This post is 5821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am in the market for my first bike and have decided on a new FZ6 Fazer.

Question I have is whether I should stump up the extra few hundred for the ABS option? Does the ABS really make much difference? I know from car driving I never (if ever) use the ABS, is this any different for a bike?

Many thanks

Warren

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I am in the market for my first bike and have decided on a new FZ6 Fazer.

Question I have is whether I should stump up the extra few hundred for the ABS option? Does the ABS really make much difference? I know from car driving I never (if ever) use the ABS, is this any different for a bike?

Many thanks

Warren

I had 06 plate with ABS and now I have 57 plate without. I wish that I had spent a bit more and got ABS model. To me its definately worth the extra money..

I've never had a Yam with ABS but both my current bikes have it and to be honest won't buy another without it.

You have to decide why would you want it, me, I use my bikes to go to and from work as well pleasure, so when the tyres are cold and the roads are wet you don't want to lock up but still need maximum breaking in the safest possible scenario.

Honda bikes will all have the option available including the Blade in the future, its the safest way to go.........that only my own personal opinion for what its work.

As and when I get my FZ1 Fazer it WILL have ABS be sure of that.

GB

I had never had ABS before my 08 FZ1-N and decided to go for it. I ride all year so it seemed like a good plan! Especially as on my daily commute to work, people have a particular liking for pulling U turns without checking for bikes, the numpties... <_<

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

I am off to Webbs Yamaha tomorrow to hopefully put a deposit down on an FZ6 with ABS.

Thanks again and I will be in touch once I take delivery of my first bike!!

Warren

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online