im needing help please

bigjay
This post is 5844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:rolleyes: can anyone tell me if i remove the oil cooler from my xj600 would it be ok to run without ?????

Why do you want to do this?? I'm sure you could run your bike without an oil cooler, so long as you don't thrash it or do long runs.

I still think it would be best to leave it fitted though.

Rob

Why do you want to do this?? I'm sure you could run your bike without an oil cooler, so long as you don't thrash it or do long runs.

I still think it would be best to leave it fitted though.

Rob

hi there rob only reason i was asking is the pipes are not in good condition really i was told it could be taken off because they were only fitted really if u was living some place with alot of constant heat ,well living in northern scotland we mostly get rain lol

If the 600s like my 900, then leave it on mate, it was put there for a reason....to keep everything cool, even living in Scotland you`ll need it, air cooled motors need that extra help to get rid of the heat....removing the oil cooler (kinda tells you why its there in its name i guess) would be like draining the water out of a water cooled engine....things gona get warm, plus your oil pressure will be different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online