• Model rxs 100
  • Year 1990
  • Mileage --
  • Colour red
  • BHP --
  • Top Speed --
  • Purchased Price --
  • 1/4 Mile Time --
  • Description Free bike from a friend who couldnt get it to run right after buying it with "carb issues" <br /><br />have been doing some detective work on it off and on, and the truth is that who ever had it before my friend mangles up the barrel pretty badly working on it.<br /><br />reed inlet was knackerd with a bolt snapped off and some one attempted to remove it but only managed to drill a hole in the casing making sealing the inlet almost impossible, <br /><br />head was in no better condition. spark plug hole could bearly hold the plug in place. <br />honestly suprized that it didnt just shoot the plug out when it fired up.. <br /><br />Giving the bike some much needed TLC.. <br />I will probably end up paying the same ammount for parts and re spray as i would have on a working bike, But atleast i will know that this bike has had a full engine re build. and will be like new.

Comments

compression issue fixed. new head installed fires up and seems to be happy with the new head. things are looking up for my freebie bike.

sourcing a new barrel boring it to +0.75 or +1.0

if this dosent work keep an eye out for me wanting a new engine.

-edit--

lost out on that barrel, so headed over to abbeymotors,

Shiny new "2nd hand" barrel arrived today (well whole engine really) Stock bore, good condition. good condition piston, and im happy that i have it.,

IP.Board Collections by DevFuse