DT125 Radiator fluid ...::PROBLEMS::..

This post is 5845 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Whats the use in posting on general bike forums when theres a dedicated yamaha site, TOP SCORE!! (Glad i found you guys...) ANYWHO...

Ive got a DT125 2001 model, everythings hunkydory, or was for a while.... I rode the bike for a few days after i bought it, then one trip i noticed my engine temp was increasing pretty quick, so i stopped and looked, id lost the little rubber bung out of my radiator overflow box under my left rear pannel, and water had splashed out onto my swing arm. Seeing this i thaught a bit of RADWELD radiator cleaner and expensive coolant additive would do the job.... I drained the radiator and did the process of cleaning and putting lovely juice back in... After this small overhaul, it seemed to nail my problem, but ive now noticed a small water/oil mark on my garage floor where it leaks a small amount over night through what looks like an overflow pipe... So when i set of for college in the morning, i re-top up my radiator at the front and go, this works, but if i go for an extended journey, she overheats and expells hot fluid over my swingarm again...

Anyone had this problem, or got any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Cheers for your time guys!

Regards

..::][-][icksi::..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So i guess you guys are all to good for us L Plate'ers then...

make sure you havent overfilled the bottle, I did this before after rebuilding the engine and there was coolant leaking from the overflow pipe for a few runs! also check that the overflow pipe is secured to the expansion bottle!

also if you havent mixed the coolant correctly or used stuff like additives and radweld it could have eat into the waterpump seals. thats all I can think of at the minute, hope you get it sorted, also what has been done to your bike regarding deristrictions?

Top bloke....!

Yea, i hadnt thought about the pump seals, i would have looked over them as its a 2001, but i cant be arsed with this issue anymore, i know the expansion box is connected correctly with the hoses, it reads on the full mark, and when i re-fill the actual radiator in the morning, i pour untill the water sits just above the fins...

As for the de-restrictions, i have earthed the cable up by the speedo, nabbed the CDI, and changed to a D.E.P pipe which wipes the catylist restrictor thing... Ive also got larger inch road tyres which give a bit more ratio to the top end....

Regards

h1cks1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online