fork legs

Guest grisler54
This post is 5911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest grisler54

Any one knows what type of clear lacquer to use on fork leg to protect them,

Kuss I don’t want to keep polish them.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any one knows what type of clear lacquer to use on fork leg to protect them,

Kuss I don’t want to keep polish them.

Polish em and then coat em with WD40 or something in the mucky weather

in the long run lacquer is not so good it yellows and cracks especially the modern acrylic stuff , dont use the ordinary carplan/duplicolour etc lacquer it washes off again with any solvent near it. if you must lacquer them use either palstikote clear gloss clear coat or metal protekt or halfords petrol proof lacquer, or if you can still find it cellulose, the halfords is a bit of a pain to get right best way is too put it on in thin layers and prevent runs dont worry if the finish is not good put plenty of layers on and ruvb it down with very fine wet and dry after about 6 weeks as this is how long it takes too harden

merv

Guest grisler54

Polish em and then coat em with WD40 or something in the mucky weather

in the long run lacquer is not so good it yellows and cracks especially the modern acrylic stuff , dont use the ordinary carplan/duplicolour etc lacquer it washes off again with any solvent near it. if you must lacquer them use either palstikote clear gloss clear coat or metal protekt or halfords petrol proof lacquer, or if you can still find it cellulose, the halfords is a bit of a pain to get right best way is too put it on in thin layers and prevent runs dont worry if the finish is not good put plenty of layers on and ruvb it down with very fine wet and dry after about 6 weeks as this is how long it takes too harden

merv

Hi merv thanks for that, I'm going to finish polishing and leave as is to see how that turns out.

cheers graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online