Ignition Barrell refitting?! DT125R 1991

This post is 5887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Have refitted the actual barrell, but wires are different colours on the barrll than those which come off the loom and have obviously been shorted (hot wired) by those that stole it!

I have 6 wires from the barrel. Red, Brown, black, Blue/Red stripe, Blue, as well as a seperate black and white stripe.

From the loom, I have red, brown, black, blue /yellow stripe, blue/ black stripe, dark green, and (browny black?!)

Some seem obvious, and I have got to the point where I can here the power valve opening, so there is power, but it wont start as I obviously have not comp[leted the circuit.

Can anyone tell me which colours should go together? big ask I know but I really dont want to melt anything!

Many thanks

Malcolm

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Have refitted the actual barrell, but wires are different colours on the barrll than those which come off the loom and have obviously been shorted (hot wired) by those that stole it!

I have 6 wires from the barrel. Red, Brown, black, Blue/Red stripe, Blue, as well as a seperate black and white stripe.

From the loom, I have red, brown, black, blue /yellow stripe, blue/ black stripe, dark green, and (browny black?!)

Some seem obvious, and I have got to the point where I can here the power valve opening, so there is power, but it wont start as I obviously have not comp[leted the circuit.

Can anyone tell me which colours should go together? big ask I know but I really dont want to melt anything!

Many thanks

Malcolm

do you have origional barrel as you can split the top and bottom parts and put new top (key lock ect) on old bottom keeping the origional coloured wires

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online