Tyre help required

RDave
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

New to forum, back to biking.

Just recently bought an RD350F2 to ride for the summer, back tyre is about done and wondered if any RD riders can suggest the best tyres for the summer months. Hopefully will be mainly dry miles unless caught out by the weather. Since buying the bike have noticed that it is really skittish when on the white lines!! Sometimes scaringly so as I whip out to overtake then again when crossing to pull in.

Is this normal for the narrow tyred RD's. Current tyres are Avon Roadrunners which I used to use on my RD200 many many years ago.

Any suggestions welcome

cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

New to forum, back to biking.

Just recently bought an RD350F2 to ride for the summer, back tyre is about done and wondered if any RD riders can suggest the best tyres for the summer months. Hopefully will be mainly dry miles unless caught out by the weather. Since buying the bike have noticed that it is really skittish when on the white lines!! Sometimes scaringly so as I whip out to overtake then again when crossing to pull in.

Is this normal for the narrow tyred RD's. Current tyres are Avon Roadrunners which I used to use on my RD200 many many years ago.

Any suggestions welcome

cheers

Dave

White lines are skittish and have been all my life. Don't relie on a tyre to save you. Learn to cross at the right point.

White lines are skittish and have been all my life. Don't relie on a tyre to save you. Learn to cross at the right point.

Thanks both, will have a look at the Bridgstones. Never noticed white lines being so troublesome in my youth but perhaps not as wary back then.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 year later...

Mine is a '74 RD200.. I just got it running (hasn't since 1978...!)

Tires are original.. but can't seem to find Yokamaha anymore (front is 2.75-18, rear is 3.00-18).

Seems that there are some that are close.. IRC makes one that might work on the back, but doesn't make one for the front..... CS has the reverse issue...

Any suggestions?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online