Yamaha DTR 125

timsy
This post is 5235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does anyone know what the figures are for the BHP, 0-60 time, the top speed and the MPG of these bikes, i am very eager to buy one, just want to make sure i know what im buying

That would be interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the figures are for the BHP, 0-60 time, the top speed and the MPG of these bikes, i am very eager to buy one, just want to make sure i know what im buying

I've researched the DTR 125 as yet no one has posted specs mostly mpg is bout 70 to standard tank without reserve.

top speed when fully derestricted is about 85 without blowing it up like which model have you bought

Edd

• 4 weeks later...

Power figures for the DTR would be around 14hp as standard and tunable to around 20hp. Mine was putting out around the 20hp mark which was about as far as you can go with that engine before you run into reliability issues.

my dtx will crack 85 on a good day (no headwind) all i have done is earth the wire that stops the powervalve opening at high revs which lets it rev more freely, a dep silencer and 2 teeth up on the front sprocket. i get 30mpg but depends how you want to ride the bike!! 0-60 im not sure but it seems quick enough, id say 8 seconds at a guess, drop a few teeth on the front sprocket and you could do it in 6 or less. As for reliability, mine done 11000 miles before needing a top end on standard power, Stan Stevens is doing a stage 3 tune for me to release around 30 horses at the back wheel without sacrificing reliability, although my guess is a top end ever 6000 miles or so, which you cant complain about.

if you want a nippy bike for commuting and sunday blasts down the twisty b roads id go for the dtx! the supermoto wheels/tyres make a hell of a difference to the trail ones! I cant think of a better bike to start off with! i know il be riding mine when im an old coffin dodger!! lol

I hear that, i know what you mean wih the headwinds, i wear a shoei hornet DS and my head must be a few extra MPG

:-).... Anyone know how big the reserve tank is on DT's? I get about 55miles to a fiver... never really run much below my reserve as i dont know how much is in there....

I hear that, i know what you mean wih the headwinds, i wear a shoei hornet DS and my head must be a few extra MPG

:-).... Anyone know how big the reserve tank is on DT's? I get about 55miles to a fiver... never really run much below my reserve as i dont know how much is in there....

i think its half a gallon on reserve, i got 10 miles before i had to whell it to the petrol station!!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can earth the wire any where on the fram but i used the bottom yoke as theres no paint on and easy to reach, ;)

i've got a 2007 dtx does 120 down to reserve (not sure how many mpg that is) will touch over 100 and i'd guess about a 7 second 0-60

• Like 1

I get about 100miles to gallon

J

i've got a few mods on mine, exhaust, earthed YPVS etc, it'll do about 110 miles to the tank and then about 16 miles on reserve. not bad really. and i'm not shy with the throttle on mine, it's safe to say that it gets a thrashing

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got a 2005 Dtr

Top speed 80mph (standard pipes, earthed wire, powervalve derestricted)

MPG - its an import so it runs in kmh(speedo has been converted) ive run out at 86KM before and had to switch to reserve but since then ive refuelled bout 80 and still heard a fair amoung of sloshing :)

0-60 - never tested it. When im thrashing it away from the lights along the duals, the last thing on my mind is counting to 10 :D

BHP - 13.5 mine is standard. When i was looking around for a 125 this was the best bhp there was. The other option from yamaha is the dt125x, which only knocks out 9.6 i beleive.

If you havnt already, go out and buy one of these, they're fantastic bikes. Im 18 now going on 19 and planned to get a bigger bike restriced to 33bhp and do my full test. But with the DT it does all i want it to atm so ive never got round to it.

hi my m8 is looking at one of these would this be ok for some one that has just passed there CBT and not fulltest as i dont want to tell him to get it then kill him self lol

and if u want a biger bike the MT-03 is good have myn at 33bhp from the standard 45bhp 0-60mph in about 4.5-5 seconds and tops at 90mph with head wind and isa 5speed so lot less likely to get confused what gear you are in. I came from a 50cc and to be honest its not actuly a big diff because my 50cc went 55mph any way :/ but its defo worth a look cost me £2750 2006 2450 miles on the clock :D

hi my m8 is looking at one of these would this be ok for some one that has just passed there CBT and not fulltest as i dont want to tell him to get it then kill him self lol

and if u want a biger bike the MT-03 is good have myn at 33bhp from the standard 45bhp 0-60mph in about 4.5-5 seconds and tops at 90mph with head wind and isa 5speed so lot less likely to get confused what gear you are in. I came from a 50cc and to be honest its not actuly a big diff because my 50cc went 55mph any way :/ but its defo worth a look cost me £2750 2006 2450 miles on the clock :D

If he can ride a geared bike, I did my CBT on a Suzuki Ts50x and rode that for a year at 30mph tops( LOL) before i got my dt, Providing hes a competent rider and hasnt just crawled around town centres on a ped, in a burberry cap then he'd be fine. You have to be 17 to ride a 125 i beleive tho.

If he can ride a geared bike, I did my CBT on a Suzuki Ts50x and rode that for a year at 30mph tops( LOL) before i got my dt, Providing hes a competent rider and hasnt just crawled around town centres on a ped, in a burberry cap then he'd be fine. You have to be 17 to ride a 125 i beleive tho.

ahh hes never riden a geard bike or a ped but he is 17 andwill do his cbt on a geard bike and i would take him out when i pass my test to bring him up to scrach because the cbt is a joke

and i went from a 50cc auto to my MT-03 :P 50cc to a 660cc so no gears to gears and about 13x more powerful lol

ahh hes never riden a geard bike or a ped but he is 17 andwill do his cbt on a geard bike and i would take him out when i pass my test to bring him up to scrach because the cbt is a joke

and i went from a 50cc auto to my MT-03 :P 50cc to a 660cc so no gears to gears and about 13x more powerful lol

Nice, must have been a bit strange though. Yeah i agree with you on the CBT side of things. Its what 6 hours...and you cant even fail it. Well....i had a friend who was expecting to be on a ped and they put him on a 125 geared, he just let go of the "rear brake" (Clutch) and stacked it into a brick wall....

But its not enough, people shouldnt be allowed on the road just from that, i didnt feel safe riding away from it.........