Oil problem with 2000 R6

Spenner
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys n gals. Just bought a 2000 R6 a couple of weeks ago, and rode it 150 miles home and every thing was alright with it so i was chuffed. I then took it out for a blast this weekend and the oil light came on and an oil can symbol started flashing on the electronic dash. I checked the dip stick and it seemed to read fine but thought i should maybe just top it up anyway just in case. So i went and bought some fresh oil and started to fill it up. In my noviceness and stupidity i just kept filling it up (took about 2 litres) then i thought that should be enough so stopped. The oil light did not go out and the oil can symbol didnt stop flashing so i took it for a run to see if it needed running through but it didnt seem to do anything. When i stood the bike up then and took out the dip stick again the oil all just came flooding out of the hole (stupidity i know to overfill it so much).

The oil light is still on, the oil can symbol is still flashing, its definately got plenty of oil, i dont have a manual, and im now worried about what is wrong with it? and have i caused any damage doing what i have done?

Someone with some knowledge please help me???

a1a6_3.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

fella drain all the oil out and fill with the correct amount. cant remember off the top of my head but use the dip stick to get it spot on. to much oil in a 4t is bad news.

as for your problem sounds like the sensor has died. but it could be a loose wire.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online