TZR 50 Not revving

f1springy
This post is 5709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After last months problem with my daughters TZR 50 I now have a new problem!

The bike is bogging down at anything from 1000 to 3500 revs, once above this its OK.

It starts up without the choke but dies after a few Min's and if you apply the choke it dies?

I am guessing there is too much fuel getting in to the cylinder? (plug seems wet)

I have tried to adjust the air screw but to no avail, i have cleaned the air filter.

It has a standard exhaust, air filter and jets.

On a different note I want to change the gearbox oil, but how much does it take, there is no level indicator?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How do you check the float height?

I have had the carb off before to check and noticed that the needle clips in to the float.

This part of the needle goes in and out of the needle main body but can see no way of adjusting it?

Thanks

Rick

Here is a link to an online manual, its not the needle valve you alter its the tab on the float that sits on the needle valve, and you just bend it slightly to get the desired hieght.

http://www.rcscooter.net/manuales_taller/yamaha_tzr_50.pdf

A haynes manual would be a good purchase as it has a lot more detail. Checking the float hieght is easy to do but difficult(for me anyway) to explain, somebody else may be able to. If you have a haynes for any other bike the procedure is the same just the hieght will differ, you will find the hieght in the online manual.

Hi Dave, thanks for the info, unfortunately there is no haynes manual for this bike but the link you sent is very helpful.

I will be checking the float height.

It also told me the correct oil level for the bike.

Regards

Rick

• 7 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online