AMERICA OR BRITAIN

gunnysonics
This post is 5864 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive been looking at some phots and vids of bikes in the good old USA and the majority of the footage is taken on long straight roads which is great for Dragbikes and old people in wheelchairs but not so good for those of us that like making contact with our knees and the tarmac.

Where as parts of America have glorious weather for riding all year round I wouldnt sacrifice this for Britains bendy, winding roads especially the "Black Isle" in Scotland or "Snowdonia" in Wales, or even Dartmoor in England.

I would be v.intrested to see an American rider taking a fast corner on his bike, that is if there are any American's out there that have been around a bend on thier machines :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive been looking at some phots and vids of bikes in the good old USA and the majority of the footage is taken on long straight roads which is great for Dragbikes and old people in wheelchairs but not so good for those of us that like making contact with our knees and the tarmac.

Where as parts of America have glorious weather for riding all year round I wouldnt sacrifice this for Britains bendy, winding roads especially the "Black Isle" in Scotland or "Snowdonia" in Wales, or even Dartmoor in England.

I would be v.intrested to see an American rider taking a fast corner on his bike, that is if there are any American's out there that have been around a bend on thier machines :lol:

I don't know what pics or vids you have looked at but there are LOTS of twisties over here. We especially have some great twisties in REAL mountains over here, although at the moment they are all under significant snow. Frankly the only long straight roads I have seen in this country are all in the midwest, where there is nothing but long long long long long stretches of prairie with nothing but flat land as far as you can see. Here is CA most of the riding is twisties, and generally not flat either.

in illinois its flat , but if ya know where to go, most rural roads along the mississippi, (great river rd drive) are fantastic, lotsa rural town & no worry's.

Have you never heard of Deals Gap in the US? check this video out

Aw.........looks like a bit of a grin...........how long do the roads like that go on for?

I`ll have to drag some on my board YZF750 footage of going round the "ring"onto here. 13 miles of the good stuff, with the added bonus of nothing comming the other way.

not a cheap passtime, but not as far away as the states!

http://www.ringjunkies.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Have you never heard of Deals Gap in the US? check this video out

Ah yes..thats just south of me...wonderful ride.

Aw.........looks like a bit of a grin...........how long do the roads like that go on for?

I`ll have to drag some on my board YZF750 footage of going round the "ring"onto here. 13 miles of the good stuff, with the added bonus of nothing comming the other way.

not a cheap passtime, but not as far away as the states!

http://www.ringjunkies.co.uk

Deal's Gap, "The Tail of the Dragon", is in Eastern TN / Western North Carolina. 318 turns in 11 miles. Last I checked there's been around 14 fatalities in the last 10 years. Mostly crotch rockets eating it with the cars or going over the edge. It runs along a ridge. The turns are too tight for open throttle, but if you hit the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Appalachians or Natchez Trace in Mississippi, they both run for hundreds of miles and the turns are wide. You miss the scenery, but can run 130+ (mph) easily.